The European NonStop Symposium
Page last updated 11th April
Dates: 9-10 May 2017
Venue: DoubleTree by Hilton, Tower Hill, London
Sessions: Summaries of some of the sessions are available here.
The last time the UK hosted the European Nonstop event was in 2007, in Brighton. Ten years on BITUG is planning a similar event. It will be held at the DoubleTree Hilton just behind Trinity House in Tower Hill. It will be a fully-packed two days of presentations from end-users, vendors, HPE and a rather special guest.
The ETUG event over the last couple of years has been successfully run by Germany’s GTUG organisation, but over 9-10th May 2017 it will be BITUG’s turn.
There will be a main track plus several break out streams as well as a vendor fair, where food and drinks will be served. As we have the space and a variety of areas for vendors we expect to have more of them than we can cater for at previous BITUG Big SIGs. As well as being a platform for key announcements by HPE and vendors, plus many talks from users and industry experts, another incentive to attend is Jimmy Treybig, the father of the Tandem, will be giving the keynote speech at the start of the event.
High Level Agenda
Over the two days we have 36 different sessions covering all elements of the NonStop world, from security, to migrations, modernisation, business continuity, up-coming HPE developments, future technology and much more.
During the breaks you can network with the European NonStop community and chat with any of the 16+ partners presenting their goods and services in the Vendor Fair. HPE will also be running live demonstrations of the new Virtual NonStop platform.
Monday 8th May Evening
- 5pm - Registration/Badge Collection opens (Location: SkyLounge on the top floor of the hotel)
- 7pm-9pm - eBITUG 2017 Welcome Reception (welcome drinks and light bites provided) sponsored by NTI, CSP, OmniPayments, XYPRO, Gravic and comForte.
Tuesday 9th May Daytime
- 8am - Registration/Badge Collection opens. (Location: First floor balcony overlooking hotel lobby)
- 8.30am - Welcome tea/coffee
- 9.15am - Event opens and morning sessions start with Keynote speech by Jimmy Treybig
- 11.20-11.35am - Morning coffee break sponsored by CSP
- 11.35 - Morning sessions resume
- 12.20-1.20pm - Lunch provided in the Vendor Fair sponsored by CSP
- 1.20pm - First of 13 afternoon sessions start
- 3.05-3.20pm - Afternoon coffee break sponsored by NTI
- 3.20pm - Afternoon sessions resume
- 5.30pm - Sessions end and Badge Collection Closes
Tuesday 9th May Evening
- 6.45pm - 11pm CSP's evening at aqua shard
Wednesday 10th May Daytime
- 8.30am - Registration/Badge Collection opens. Welcome tea/coffee
- 9am - Day two opens with Keynote speech by HPE's David McLeod and Iain Stephens
- 10.35-10.50am - Morning coffee break
- 10.50am - Morning sessions resume
- 12.55-1.55pm - Lunch is provided in the Vendor Fair
- 1.55pm - First of ten afternoon sessions start
- 3.20-3.35pm - Afternoon coffee break
- 3.35pm - Afternoon sessions resume
- 5.15pm - Sessions end and event close
Please note registration closes at the end of April - please do not leave it to the last minute.
Additional important Evening at aqua shard event information available here.
Why attend eBITUG 2017?
- Important insights from NonStop experts, solution providers and HPE
- Share your experiences with the NonStop community and learn from others
- Two-day event featuring multiple-tracks and covering all areas in NonStop field
- Attend educational workshops
- Network with your peers
- Valuable sessions by end-users and NonStop experts
- Vendor Fair featuring leading NonStop partners
- Unrivalled value for money
- Keynote by Jimmy Treybig
HPE meeting room
HPE will have an exclusive NDA meeting room where customers can request private meetings with relevant HPE representatives at the event.
If you'd like to request a meeting please complete this form. HPE cannot guarantee all requests and time slots will be possible, but they'll do their best to accommodate everyone.
There are around 15 hotels within a five minute walk of the DoubleTree, so there should be something available to suit most budgets/loyalties.
To view more local hotels click here.
We do have a discount BITUG rate available by using this link.
At time of writing, the normal room rate is £269 and the BITUG rate is £234. However Hilton appear to vary both rates up and down, with the normal rate having been lower than the BITUG rate at one point.
So we suggest you check the regular price before using the BITUG link, just in case it's cheaper.
SILVER And Additional Sponsors
If you'd like to become a sponsor please visit the Vendor Registration Page.