eBITUG 2017 Socials
All eBITUG 2017 registrants are invited to attend networking/social events held on the evenings of Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th May.
eBITUG badge holders can attend the Monday evening recenption held at the SkyLounge - details here.
For the Tuesday Evening at aqua shard, please RSVP your intention via this page on the CSP website. Additional information below
Tuesday Evening: CSP's Evening at aqua shard
CSP's eBITUG 2017 Evening at aqua shard
CSP is proud to be the sole sponsor of this year's eBITUG 2017 Summit Evening at aqua shard. This unforgettable event will be held at the world renowned aqua shard restaurant & bar on the evening of 9th May.
At 310m tall, The Shard is the tallest building in Western Europe. aqua shard offers spectacular panoramic views of London from a 930sqm dining room, bar and entertainment area located on the 31st floor of this world famous building. CSP has reserved exclusive use of this facility for the
enjoyment of eBITUG 2017 attendees.
This will surely be a memorable experience for eBITUG attendees. CSP is proud to be the sole sponsor of this unique and elite event.
We hope to see you there!
Informational video available here.
- You must RSVP separately for this event via this CSP web form. Just registering for the eBITUG event does not automatically get you a ticket for CSP's eBITUG 2017 Evening at aqua shard.
- Once registered for the Evening at aqua shard, your ticket will be issued with your conference badge at the eBITUG registration desk.
- Your eBITUG 2017 badge AND your CSP ticket will be required to gain access to aqua shard. Security staff at The Shard may also request photo ID, so please ensure you bring all three items with you on the night.
- aqua shard reserve the right to refuse entry or eject anyone behaving inappropriately.
- Coats and bags will be x-rayed by security staff on arrival at The Shard, so please be prepared for a short delay to get people through security and into the lifts.
How to get there
You have two options: The shortest/fastest route takes about 15-20 minutes to do the 0.9 miles taking you past The Monument (London landmark which commemorates the 1666 Great Fire of London and celebrates the rebuilding of the City) then over London Bridge to The Shard. The slightly slower (1.2 miles and around 20-25 minutes), but more scenic route takes you past the Tower of London, over the world famous Tower Bridge and along the Thames past City Hall and HMS Belfast. If you give yourself some extra time, this route also gives you the option to walk over the glass walkway 42m above Tower Bridge - see www.towerbridge.org.uk/tower-bridge-glass-floor/
Tower Hill tube station is two minutes walk from the hotel and The Shard is three minutes walk from London Bridge tube station, so it looks good on paper, however the walking you'll do inside the stations and in the tunnel between Monument and Bank stations (five minutes) means this route will likely take you longer than the 15 minute faster walk option - and there's a lot less to see!
Taxis usually queue outside the hotel, although the demand may be high if lots of people choose this option, so don't leave it too late. The drive is 1.4 miles, but in London rush-hour traffic, expect the journey to take you around 15 minutes. Ubers are also available.
From the DoubleTree to Fenchurch Street Station (Stop T) is a three minute walk. Get on the number 40 to Dulwich Village, which comes every 15 minutes. Stay on the bus for four stops (around 10 minutes dependent on traffic) via Rood Lane (Stop Y), Fenchurch Street (Stop U), Monument (Stop P), then over the Thames and get off at London Bridge Borough High Street (Stop Y). It's a four minute walk to The Shard from there. You'll need a pre-paid Oyster Card or contact-less debit/credit card for the fair.