BITUG is the British Isles Tandem User Group
- BITUG is a volunteer run, non-profit making organisation. It is run by its members, for the benefit of its members.
- Founded in 1984, BITUG is the largest Tandem (now HP NonStop) User Group outside of the USA. We are one of the most active of the world's NonStop user groups.
- Membership is open to all users of the Tandem / Himalaya / HP NonStop range of systems in the British Isles.
- BITUG is an affiliated member group of Connect (formerly ITUG) - the International Tandem user group.
- We are proud of the fact that we maintain complete independence from HP (Tandem) whilst continuing a close working relationship.
- BITUG is run by an annually elected committee drawn from membership. Names of all the current committee members are included in the committee section of this web site.
- We provide a program of meetings as requested by the members. Each year we try to hold at least two one-day special interest group meetings (SIGs) covering various technical issues. We also hold two education days per year.
The functions of BITUG
- Co-ordinates user response to developments affecting HP NonStop users.
- Provides a focus for the representation of British NonStop user interests internationally.
- Convenes meetings for members to share NonStop related technical information and NonStop strategic information.
- Hosts special interest groups (SIGs) to provide a forum for specialists in topics of shared interest, for example: systems management, security, contingency, etc.